LED lamps for general lighting

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Blimey that looks good. I only looked because I thought they had made a daft error in using the word "filament" - but it suits the application.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

The big problem with that design is in regard of cooling the 'LED Filaments' which can only be via convective cooling. The appearance suggest a gas filling of some sort.

Since the effectiveness of convective cooling is largely dependent on the conductivity of the gas used, I'd expect the use of helium or hydrogen as the gas filling (both are around an order of magnitude better than air).

Reply to
Johny B Good