Lectric and bathrooms

I want to install a shaver socket in the bathroom for the leccy toothbrush which at the moment, sits outside on the landing. Is it OK to take a feed for this from the upstairs lighting circuit (dropping down from the loft) or do I have to lift the floorboards and feed it from the upstairs ring main?

TIA, Dave.

Reply to
Dave West

That is the normal way of supplying such sockets.

Note that it must be type of shaver socket with an isolating transformer built in to it. These are normally in the 16-22 quid range and have 120V and 240V sockets on them.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

"Dave West" wrote | I want to install a shaver socket in the bathroom for the leccy | toothbrush which at the moment, sits outside on the landing. | Is it OK to take a feed for this from the upstairs lighting circuit | (dropping down from the loft) or do I have to lift the floorboards | and feed it from the upstairs ring main?

The lighting circuit is acceptable, as bathroom shaver sockets are limited to about 20W anyway by an internal cutout. You will need a bathroom (transformer isolated) type socket.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Thanks Andrew.