Can one connect a shaver socket to a lighting circuit?

I'm going to install a shaver socket and I'm wondering if it's OK to connect it direct to a lighting circuit.

The previous one I installed has an FCU from the ring main but it would be much easier to use the (quite nearby) lighting circuit for this new one. The lighting circuit does have an earth wire and is standard 'looped in' so there's unswitched live and neutral easily available.

Reply to
Chris Green

More than OK, I'd say it was usual.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yup, its commonly done. (especially on combined lighting / shaver socket fittings!)

Reply to
John Rumm

+1
Reply to
ARW

OK, thanks all, that's a 'yes' then!

Reply to
Chris Green

Yes - it's standard practise.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Well with a bit of luck harry will be along with a "no" just to confirm it is a "yes".

Reply to
ARW