lead flashing / alternatives

I have to buy lead for flashing a neighbours roof that I have changed from mono ridge to abutment, and also for when I flash my roof. I guess I need 240mm, about 12 metres length (6 for neighour, 6 for me).

Best prices I have found are (nearly half the prices of other sources)

any alternatives folks have tried ?

Can you get (much cheaper) soft aluminium flashing that can be dressed into profiled roof tiles ?

Cheers, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Aluminium work hardens very quickly. Stick to the tried and tested materials like lead or zinc. Zinc lasts well but is harder to work.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

=A0 London SW

Yep, macbuildingproducts is slightly cheaper and delivery a lot less. I guess you just have to pay out ;-) Simon.

Reply to
Simon

I think lead is still the preferred option, mainly because of the weight i.e. it doesn't lift in the wind. Wouldn't like to carry that stuff up a ladder though

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Max lengths for code 4 lead is 1.5 metres (for expansion), I intend to carry it up in lengths that size ! Simon.

Reply to
Simon