Lea-to tiled roof question

I'm building a lea-to tiled over felt roof using standard sized 'York' type tiles (275x165)

Question is this. Should I use eaves tiles for the top row or standard sized, and in either case what width flashing do I need at the top to get a watertight seal?

Reply to
Dave

Sorry about the typo

Reply to
Dave

The length of the flashing depends on the tiling gauge you are using.

I think you need flashing down to the level of your third batten from the top for a water seal. This means either a lot of lead or a row of verge tiles on the top row.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

I'm using 10cm gauge as I understand this gives the minimum recommended headlap with this size of tile. From measuring the battens on the main house roof I notice that the roofer has used 10.5 cm. Naughty!

Reply to
Dave