Seal felted roof to timber clad wall?

Gable end of old but good timber stable type building is clad in vertical tgv type boards. Lean to log store on gable end has shallow pitch felted roof. Am replacing log store roof with 18mm OSB Sterling board and shed felt.

What is the best way to seal/flash the join between the two. Flash band? sealant (which one?)? batten over the top? drip edge?.

I have in mind to cut a separate strip of felt 8 or 10 inches wide and use it like a separate bit of flashing secured by a batten and lots sealant.

Tim W

Reply to
Tim W

Take the new lean to roof felt 6" or so up behind the gable end boards, that will keep the worst out. Keep the top edge away from the back of the boards as much as possible.

Is there any sarking or other water proof membrane behind the gable boards? If so take the lean to felt up behind that.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Thanks, but I don't intend to cut into the existing end wall at all. It all needs to be done from the outside.

Tim w

Reply to
Tim W