Lawnmower Power Plug

I'm trying to find plug of the type used on lawnmowers and hedge trimmers - a plug on the unit and a socket on the end of the supply lead. B&Q sell the 10Amp sockets but I want a plug.

Anyone know where they can be bought - or even what the correct name/spec is?

Reply to
me

I may have misunderstood what you're after, but is it this?

(2-pin heavy duty inline 10A rubber plug/connector)

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton

On Mon, 29 May 2006 19:18:46 +0100, snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net had this to say:

Is it the bit that attaches to the lawnmower, for example, or the bit that goes on to the long cable?

I think I have a spare of one or the other, when I can find it...

Reply to
Frank Erskine

snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I got one from the Chelmsford BnQ recently.

It's a Duraplug 10 amp 2 pin lead connector.

I have found it harder to get single plugs, which is why I bought it without a specofic need, and it's still packaged.

There's a help line 01268 563720 - they might be able to help on suppliers

mike

Reply to
mike

It's the bit on the lawn-mower - plug rather than the socket.

Reply to
me

I'll give them a ring many thanks - is it definitely the plug, as my BnQ only had sockets.

Reply to
me

Thanks - it's that sort of thing but it is a specific type which has flat pins rather than the round pins, one which is used on Flymos.

Reply to
me

The message from snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net contains these words:

Do what I've always done - replace the hard to obtain B&D part with an easily obtainable part like the Screwfix one mentioned elsewhere.

Reply to
Guy King

plug & socket come as a pair, in 2 pin and 3 pin flavours.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

In message , snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net writes

Ah well that would probably explain why you can't find it generally available.

I suspect you will have to contact Flymo, though I would just replace the bits with a standard inline plug and socket

Reply to
chris French

snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Yes, it has a part number LCP 102P ORG DPK.

I always thought it was a scam that you find it hard to get plugs, as you only need one socket for many plugs, if you have a long mains lead and plug appliances into it. Buggers

mike

Reply to
mike

mike wrote in news:Xns97D2E48FB2F7Cmikeringbtinternetco@130.133.1.4:

AAaaagh!

I've just read your earlier post (Xnews flafs up responses first) and this has the usual round pins - I've never seen one with square pins.

You may have to rewire the mower to fit a duraplug on a flying lead

mike

Reply to
mike

Excellent - many thanks - appreciated

Reply to
me

Flymo have an on-line shop: £6.00 for a re-wireable connector:

just selected the Flymo "Compact 30" model though. I imagien there all the same.

However, if you goto:

can select your exact model under the picture of the lawnmower, and it will list loads of parts that you can have. Theres a box that says "Click for cable and electrical accessories" I've tried a few models now and they all seem to be the same thing at £6.00 with £3.50 shipping.

HTH

Andy

Reply to
Andrew Scott

It's also moulded onto Flymo's cables, isn't removable and isn't (allegedly) available as a spare.

So when my neighbour scrapped their B&D, I cut off the same (but rewireable) plug and used that. You might find one at the local dump.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Thanks to those who replied - I think I have found what I want (I hope I have as I have ordered it).

7 : CORDSET (SPLASH)

(Not sure what splash means - unless it is splash-proof)

Reply to
me