Lawnmower blues Please help.

Trying to repair the wheel on my mountfield mower I tipped it on it

side. I had drained the petrol but NOT the oil. Oil escaped the engine via the air intake filter. I have replaced the filter and also the spark plug and oil. Engine will now not start. What should I do. Is there a forum for mowers if anyone is unable to help. P.S. Have tried to remove blade without success, any ideas on how to d this would be appreciated

-- bubbleyes2004

Reply to
bubbleyes2004

Clean out te carburetta but do not adjust or remove any small screws unless you *very* carefully note their position. How musch they are screwed out to withing 1/8th of a turn or better. When screwing them in gentle finger tight only.

It might be a left hand thread and be rather corroded, grass juices are not very metal friendly... The nut will certainly be tight.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

easiest option is to clean, dry and warm the spark plug using a blow lamp, install while hot and try to start it, it will probably go, if not repeat but spray some 'easy start' (from a car shop) into the air intake before trying to start it.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

The air filter is typiaclly an oiled sponge, so this shouldnt have let oil into the carb. But if it has, there may be oil on the carb jet. If so, clean it with a solvent, once you know what a jet is.

why remove the blade?

NT

Reply to
bigcat