Lava Lamp Fatality

I bet you never thought lava lamps could be fatal (ignoring any electrocution risk that is)? Neither did this guy, no doubt...

Andrew Gabriel

On 11 Dec 2004 00:55:40 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@cucumber.demon.co.uk (Andrew Gabriel) strung together this:

end of the first paragraph.

Reply to
Lurch

Reply to
Wanderer

Jeff Foxworthy could almost use that in his Redneck routine.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Talk about old 'news', but then the idiot was trying to heat the thing up on a stove for some unknown reason !

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Lava him than me :-)

Reply to
Andy Hall

Oh, Lurch, how could you be so heartless - there's been a death here.

I couldn't decide whether this was a Darwin situation, but decided that the mention of "trailer" gave the game away.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I guess you aren't aware of the forthcoming Part P² of the Building Regulations, which will control the installation of novelty lighting items (Lava Lamps, Plasma Balls, Christmas Tree Lights, etc.).

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

If there could be something that would effectively outlaw chaser lights on the front of houses, santa edifices on the lawn, sleighs with reindeer on the roof and any commercial activity related to Christmas before the 21st December, then if Building Control were to take up the challenge I would happily vote for shoot on sight. No nonsense, just a cull.

Oh and sugary carols on the radio from December 1st.

Reply to
Andy Hall

You're a miserable old git.

And so am I. But I would shoot at any time before midnight on 24 December and after 1 January.

Then I'd shoot Easter egg displays - hey! That could be fun :-)

Mary

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Myself and SWMBO would like to sign up for this hunt. Any limitations on allowed weapon types?

Reply to
Grunff

You'd hurt chocolate?

Reply to
Paul Herber

Yup. Dogs are banned EXCEPT TO FLUSH THE PREY OUT M'LUD :-)

And no, my dogs didn't MEAN to break the foxes neck, honest mlud,any more tham Mr Blair MEAN'T to deceive the public over Iraq... and you can see the bullet in the fox in a fatal place, so he WAS dead when the dogs ripped his guts out and ate (most of) them...honest m'lud...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I can think of a place near here where the heavy artillery of your spud gun would be useful.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I'm getting a Victor Meldrew starter kit for Christmas, apparently.

We could keep the troops in place from Christmas, since these will be in the shops from January 2nd, along with the Valentines Day cards.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I think someone has been active in these parts with a BB or similar. There are an awful lot of deflated inflatables (IYSWIM).

Reply to
Bob Eager

Spouse is at this moment checking the strings on our longbows ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I'm trying to figure out a way of launching burning spuds (pre-soaked in brandy, for a little extra Christmas cheer). That should help a lot with the lawn and roof ornaments.

Reply to
Grunff

I wouldn't hurt GOOD chocolate.

Well, only by biting it!