Latex and Nitrile gloves

That's interesting, thanks. Do you know how much more hard wearing they are in this form than the latex surgical gloves?

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

They are a bit harder wearing but personally I find them a little less tactile than latex. Also they are not as stretchy as latex so you need to make sure that you get the right size. Far better than PVC though.

Hope this helps

Mark

Reply to
Mark Spice

The message from Owain contains these words:

Better than wolf-bagging. For which you should /not/ google unless you're not bothered by (alleged) very strange sexual practices.

Reply to
Guy King

Of course, I couldn't resist.:-)

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

I really wish I had better sense than to google for that..........

Cheers

Mark

Reply to
Mark Spice

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Andrew" saying something like:

You can get gauntlet length to elbow and full arm length to oxter. Look in a farmers' or vets' suppliers for the latter.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Not really, as neither has worn out when we used them. They are only used as short term and disposable protection when handling cutting oils.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

I see your point, though it's usually contact with such as oil that has my latex gloves disintegrating within 5 minutes.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

Might just be enough extra mileage to make them useful, thanks.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

I find it difficult to keep a track of things in one bag. Two bags and I'd never be able to find my bits and pieces. :-)

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

Have to admit I'm struggling to grasp the essence of this one. Is it that if a young lady were to become encumbered due to attending a sporting event where some of the players were improperly attired, then, a replay with participants wearing 2 sets of kit would readjust the score?

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

Oooh! I daren't even look, the very thought set my wool on end!

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

The message from Mike Halmarack contains these words:

I don't usually keep 'em on longer than five minutes - by then they're slippery and get changed.

Reply to
Guy King

It usually takes me 5 minutes to think of the next move after putting them on. :-)

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

You can get Nitrile gloves - like the latex ones but a tiny bit thicker (not like the thick nitrile gloves found in hardware stores) - they are like the purple ones they wear in "Casualty" and the like. They are stronger than latex, have almost as good 'feel', and are more chemical resistant. Vinyl gloves are available but you need to get the right size (not much 'give' in the material) and they split more easily when putting them on. I'd go for the nitrile gloves if you can find them- they are available from "Unichem" or "Moss" pharmacies (I am one!) and I'll post the product codes tomorrow if anyone needs them. Francis

Reply to
Ledz

The examination gloves seem like just the thing. The product codes would be very helpful thanks.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

The 'PIP' Codes are:

Xlrg 633 1573 Lrg 633 1565 Med 633 1599 Sml 633 1581 Xsml 633 1607

You will ned to quote these codes- >

Reply to
Ledz

Thanks a bunch for that. These are probably the closest I'll find to fit my needs. I wouldn't have been aware of them but for your input here.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack