Large elec bill from long ago!

They have always done that if you let them. I simply don't let them. Southern have just tried to up one of my DD's from =A315 to =A333, well = they did for a while as I owed 'em a bit but then I phoned 'em up and got it =

reduced. I think they also tried to up the =A32 one but I stopped that increase before it started, still pay by DD though. When ever a bill lands on the mat I check the readings, if I've used less I tell 'em, if =

I've used more I don't.

More fool you for letting it get that big.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

SWMBO certainly complained loud and long as soon as she went into credit

- to no avail.

Strangley enough we were discussing this with a friend yesterday. He went into credit to the tune of £500 - purely through neglect as he quickly confessed! His utility supplier told him that the situation should not have arise cos their systems detected credits in excess of £50 and issued an automatic refund! Unfortunately the girl on the phone could not manually generate refunds for more than £50!!!! Took a lot of arguing with a 'supervisor' to achieve the refund.

Richard

Reply to
Richard

On an inverse tack I have just had my elec bill go from £156 to -£5 to £26 after two telephone calls correcting one estimated bill!

Richard

Reply to
Richard