Laptop PSU extender query

On UK trains there is a 240VAC socket to hand in 1st class, but on NL/D trains there is none so my Acer Aspire S7's battery goes flat after 3 hours. Is there a battery power pack to 240VAC solution out there?

Reply to
Simon Mason

turn on power saving, it should last 6-8 hrs. But you would know that if you had one.

Reply to
dennis

Yes - I have the screen on 0% brightness and get 4 hrs max.

Reply to
Simon Mason

Actually this is where us blind can get much more from our portable devices, we do not need the screen at all so turning it and its backlight off and using phones to hear the screenreadr can double the time it will run for without crippling the processor speed etc. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

It's all about the silver linings. Trouble is most people look for a cloud to attach theirs to.

Reply to
Richard