Laptop Battery (OT)

I need a new battery for my Dell. Looked on E-Bay. Loads available - any pitfalls or recommendations gratefully accepted. (Model J1KND)

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Try to ensure you get a genuine Dell branded one, avoid any that claim to be higher Wh rating than the original (unless you want the 9 cell rather than 6 cell, but they are quite a lump on the back of the laptop).

Reply to
Andy Burns

I've used MDS Batteries for all my 3rd party replacements for several years. They have your battery for 37.99 including delivery.

I've been wary of EBay and Amazon for computer and camera Li-On batteries simply because I don't know who I'm buying off so I can't discern the good from the risky.

Reply to
AnthonyL

I agree with this, but I have never had a problem after a dozen or more phone and camera batteries, where I was happy to take the risk because of the price differential.

I did have one cheap netbook battery which was disappointing, though.

Reply to
newshound

+1 for MDS.

I agree.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Four years ago I bought a new battery for a friend's laptop from

It's still working.

What impressed me was that I wasn't sure from the site if it was correct, but t'lass on the 'phone was in the store room, measured one and read out the details and it was OK. I don't know if your battery would be there - and it wasn't the cheapest, but might be worth a try.

Reply to
PeterC

Batteries from Hong Kong may no longer be available. A couple of friends have had Ebay orders for batteries from Hong Kong / China cancelled by the sellers recently.

or

Reply to
alan

Bob Eager put finger to keyboard:

+another for MDS. No affiliation, just a satisfied customer.
Reply to
Scion