Lamp adaptors at TLC Direct.

All sorts; BC to ES, BC to GU10, ES to G9 etc. 15 different combinations.

I wonder what the point of a CE mark is then?

First thing - how many members of Joe Public have ever heard of it? I wouldn't think many have, it's not highly advertised.

Second, being vaguely aware that its a standard & knowing that dodgy electrical stuff is about - I would look for it, but many wouldn't.

Third, I'd be very suspicious of buying something like these from a street market/boot fair/pound shop - but I would expect everything sold by a company like TLC to be 100% compliant.

"Distributors must be able to demonstrate to national authorities that they have acted with due care and they must have affirmation from the manufacturer or importer that the necessary measures have been taken".

Seems to put the onus on TLC - what would happen to them if an accident occurred with a fake CE marked product?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

It stands for "Chinese Export" , beyond that it is pretty meaningless.

Reply to
Peter Parry

In article , D.M.Chapman writes

"It (the EU) had initiated the procedure to register CE marking as a Community collective trademark"

The mark was established in 1995 so only 19 years late in applying for the trademark, tooooo funny.

Reply to
fred

Print it, stick it on. IIRC none of the adaptors I got had CE or or any form of approval marked on them.

Some. But what difference does it make to someone in China?

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Yes but .... who thought it would be a good idea to have one size of T4 fluorescent that's 354mm including the pins, and another that's 354mm excluding the pins?

Reply to
Andy Burns