Kress power tools sales and service in the UK

Following on from the now rather long thread about the pros and cons of buying badged Kress tools from Wickes, I thought I might be interesting to ask Kress what options they had for sales and service. Here is the reply (email addresses obfuscated):

Dear Sir,

thank you for contacting us yesterday asking for any dealer or service centre in UK. First please note that we do not have any dealer at present in UK. Purchase of new tools is handled directly from our headoffice, here in Bisingen-Germany. However, if you are in need of repair, service or spare parts, we would appreciate if you contact one of the hereunder stated companies for further action:

N & J Tools Westcross Centre

15, Shield Drive TW8 9EX Brentford Phone: +44 208 560 0885 Fax: +44 208 847 0790 E-Mail: njtoolsbrentforedPUT_AT_SIGN_HEREbtopenworld.com Contact person: Nigel Stevens

JG POWER

5, Green Bank Lofthouse Wakefield WF3 3QN Tel.: +44 77 4784 5758 E-Mail: JOHNPUT_AT_SIGN_HEREjgpower.fsnet.co.uk contact person: John Greenhill

If you need any further information, please let us know.

Best regards,

KRESS-elektrik Spomenka Stroh Tel.: +49 / 7476 / 87-312 Fax: +49 / 7476 / 87-342 E-Mail: sstrohPUT_AT_SIGN_HEREkress-elektrik.de (10.08.04)

Reply to
John Rumm

There you are two service centres to fix or get parts from. One north one south. The Kress web site gives the tool exploded views and parts breakdowns, so get the part details from the Kress site and phone one of the dealers who will forward the parts.

After BMJ collapsed, someone took over their outlets, can't think of who, they don't have a "main" dealer that does the importing. The sellers in the UK have to buy direct from Kress in Germany. They are probably looking for a main dealer in the UK as they have a good reputation.

Reply to
IMM