Kitchen Mixer Tap ...now how do I put it together again?

The plastic end difuser(?) on our kitchen mixer tap was a little limescaled up and was causing the odd random jet of water, so I decided to remove it and give it a little TLC. Having done that I see that the construction of the tap is such that it consists of a flexible plastic tube which carries the hot water which is in turn inside the tap neck. ie the cold water flows around the outside of the hot - fair enough so far.

The problem I have is in reassembly of the tap; the inner flexible plastic tube needs to mate with a brass "top hat" that fits through the diffuser - I'm assuming here that if you've ever taken one of these apart then you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. Anyway - how the hell do you get the plastic tube, (which seems to have exactly zero slack in it) to mate with its brass top hat?

HOT | _______COLD | | \/ \/

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

Reply to
Mike Pepper

Can you heat the HOT water tube first to make it a bit supple? Will a pencil fit through them both to align before pushing home.

Chris.

Reply to
mcbrien410

I think the problem is that the tube is already a bit TOO supple. - i.e. when I push the 'top hat' in, then the tube bends back on itself.

Reply to
Mike Pepper

Will it all come apart from the other end?

Reply to
Rob Morley