Kitchen designing

Anyone know of a good, or cheap, 3D kitchen designing program. Am currently using IKEA download which is quite good but doesn't have some unit sizes that are available. Software needs to be able to cope with a diagonal chimney breast in the room. Also I want to put some units under a breakfast bar at a lower height than the rest of the kitchen and I'm not sure quite how to do it - any advice

Reply to
rozzikate

Google Sketchup? Free, with plenty of online tutorials.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

I had problems with Ikea and found ALNO. Its a good quality German kitchen supplier and has a free kitchen planner which you can install in English. Like Ikea, it has restrictions, but by playing around with it have solved a number of unforeseen problems in my kitchen before getting too far into the rebuilding.

dave cowell, germany

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.co.uk wrote:

Reply to
dave cowell

Try KitchenDraw

It is quite powerful, but easy to use. Much more flexible than the Ikea software, has all sorts of cabinet sizes and is much better at producing plans and visualisations. It isn't freeware, but you get 30 hours use for free once it's downloaded, and I was able to produce effective designs in a couple of hours, including a learning curve and measuring up.

Andy

Reply to
Andy McKenzie

Sorry, forgot the l>> Anyone know of a good, or cheap, 3D kitchen designing program. Am

Reply to
dave cowell

Thanks for these - I'll give them a try

Reply to
rozzikate

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 19:22:38 +0100, dave cowell mused:

many signatures by having Avast! set to sign each incoming and outgoing mail with a virus clean stamp.

Turn it off.

Reply to
Lurch