Kitchen cupboard carcasses - where to buy?

The next in a long-running series of questions ... where to buy kitchen cupboard carcasses? My list so far has Howdens, B&Q (not impressed), Wickes and Screwfix - has anyone here got any recommendations (or the opposite)?
On Thursday, November 7, 2019 at 12:06:39 PM UTC, snipped-for-privacy@aolbin.com wrote:

Diy-kitchens.com
On 07/11/2019 12:15, snipped-for-privacy@blaukopf.com wrote:

Seconded. I have not used them yet but called into their showroom earlier in the year and as suitably impressed with the quality. And, everything is individually priced instead of an arbitrary price for the whole kitchen.
Just a shame that they don't do anything true-handleless.
Is that not just a channel screwed to the bottom or top edge of the door or do they put holes in the doors with those ugly bungs in them. Brian
--
----- --
On 07/11/2019 14:33, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:

No brian, they are moulded in the door and then finished in the same stuff as the door, or at least they are on mine.
Dove grey with the red artificial stone surfaces makes a really nice combination.
Is that not just a channel screwed to the bottom or top edge of the door or do they put holes in the doors with those ugly bungs in them. Brian
--
----- --
On 07/11/2019 14:33, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:

No, I was thinking of the type where the door does not go all the way to the top of the cabinet. Instead it stops about 25mm short and there is an aluminium channel fixed across the cabinet behind. So, no handles but access to the top of the door.
Sorry Brian, hope I have explained it adequately but https://www.benchmarxkitchens.co.uk/true-handleless for anyone who can see the pictures.
On 07/11/2019 15:04, Andrew May wrote:

That is just a function of the hinges/opener. You can fit them to any door designed for handles and leave a flat surface.
You can even get electric powered stuff that is handle less like my bosch dishwasher. Push door to open, but I do have a moulded handle on it as I wanted the door to match the others.
On 07/11/2019 12:25, Andrew May wrote:

What do you mean by handle less?
The handless ones have moulded in "handles". The rest are flat or moulded for you to fit handles.
So if you want flat slabs you don't want to look for "handle less".

Presumably those you press to have it spring open and press again to close.

On 07/11/2019 12:15, snipped-for-privacy@blaukopf.com wrote:

From the website it seems that they don't supply carcasses without doors - I'll give them a ring
snipped-for-privacy@aolbin.com wrote:

Wren, I'd seen the tv adverts, but not bothered with them as they didn't have a local branch until recently, I popped in and was reasonably impressed
On 07/11/2019 12:16, Andy Burns wrote:

It seems that they don't sell carcasses by themselves
On 07/11/2019 12:16, Andy Burns wrote:

Howdens won't sell to the public. Or at least they never used to. They only want to send an 'authorised' kitchen fitter round.
Travis Perkins have their own brand too. No idea if they are any good.
snipped-for-privacy@mybtinternet.com says...

One of their fitters has the same name as me and the same broadband supplier.
He also wanted the email address that already had, so was obviously offered it with a 2 appended, which he accepted.
Howdens 'lost' the 2 and started sending me his quotations - shiowing his 80% + discount!
If we use Howdens for our new kitchen, that information could be useful to know!
--

Terry

On 08/11/2019 13:55, Terry Casey wrote:

I had no problem getting a Howdens Trade account - even with a substantial credit allowance. All the kitchen items seem to be sold at a discount of anything between 50 and 100% ( yes 100% for 1 item). Had no problem taking surplus items - mainly accessories back unused for full refund.
On Fri, 08 Nov 2019 18:04:08 +0000, Robert wrote:

We were ready to go down that route but the builders we selected had a Howdens account so we use theirs. They showed us the quote from Howdens with "trade" and "retail" values side by side. Retail was mainly 2 * Trade. They just billed us the Trade amount.
Cheers
Dave R

On 08/11/2019 13:55, Terry Casey wrote:

Neighbour who is ex-MOT tester and garage owner still fixes cars in his retirement. He has an account with the local car parts supplier and all the invoices that I see lying around his garage show two columns, trade and 'retail' (or SRP these days). The latter is typically 80% up on the trade price.

IKEA. I've got a few of their cupboards.
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
On 07/11/2019 12:06, snipped-for-privacy@aolbin.com wrote:

I have used Wickes, SF, and Ikea... all ok IME. The SF ones came pre-assembled, which saved time, but less easy to store prior to install.
--
Cheers,

John.