Kind of OT, Sweats

John Rumm formulated the question :

Or a pair of those glasses with the focus adjuster on each side?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

That, by my standards, if fat! I'm 6' 3", 12 5 and a bit over 70 - another couple of pounds off would be better. Weight is skewed by infantile paralysis (Polio) and 400k miles + cycling, so upper body is relatively weak. Even with acute heart failure I can still walk 8 miles at about 16 min/mile (not very hilly). BP is about 120/70.

Reply to
PeterC

and periscope attachment, with night vision capability :-)

Reply to
John Rumm

I rather like the double pair that the guy on Repair Shop has.

Reply to
newshound

I know a car mechanic who had his glasses made up like that.

He agrees.

Reply to
S Viemeister

I find my computer specs work well for pretty much everything except very close and very far - to the point that I've accidentally set off driving with them. Use them all the time for DIY.

I'm quite short sighted (about -4) but my eyes are all over the place - correcting for long distance means I can't read anything. The only thing I can see clearly without any specs is very close up.

Reply to
RJH

On Wed, 23 Sep 2020 00:14:49 +0000 (UTC), RJH snipped-for-privacy@gmx.com wrote: <snip>

Ah, I'm not alone then! ;-)

I used them all the time for everything for close up work.

I think I'm long sighted.

Like the Mrs. She can see / read finer things with her eyes (no lenses or glasses) compared with me in my readers but I can read even smaller stuff with my super strong glasses on (x4 or summat). I can't really walk about in those though. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

I was rewiring a light fitting today, stood on the (very solid) dining table. Slightly stooped due to table vs ceiling height.

So the physical exertion being expended wasn't great and the level of concentration not intense. And yet I was sweating profusely doing this.

Late 50s and a bit overweight, but even so this reaction seems extreme. Is anyone else suffering similarly?

Thanks

Phil

Reply to
thescullster

The mechanism guy? That's 2 pairs isn't it?

Reply to
Jimk