[kind of OT] MK "Logic" light switch timewarp

Well at least one was visible in "Ashes to Ashes" on the telly tonight. A programme set in 1981.

Should I write to the DG?

Reply to
Vortex3

No, I think they're doing quite well. If you want 100% authenticity then, no doubt, the DG will be pleased to send you the bill, as he can't set his own funding levels!

10/10 for the TV Remote in the first episode - one quick shot of the business end showed that they'd actually used an ultra-sonic remote.

Terry

Reply to
Terry

In 'Life on Mars' I spotted a Pye/Phillips cassette recorder used when interviewing suspects which could only have existed in the eighties, it was a common model found in schools paired with the BBC Micro for loading programs...

Of course it's all a construct.... ;-)

Reply to
Adrian C

But when she changed channel, the 7-segment channel display didn't change, it always showed "1".

Reply to
Andy Burns

Do you mean the particular model? CC was invented in the early'60s.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Seems quite minor compared to some of their gaffs. I remember them showing a diagram of a 1920s tv studio a couple of yrs ago, showing banks of lighting. Looks like they hadnt even heard of the equipment that was used at the time, flying spot scanners, which required total darkness to operate.

Must have been a strange experience for the actors, working in darkness with a 30Hz pulsed beam of light shining straight in their eyes.

NT

Reply to
meow2222