Kill filing help please

I wish to kill file a certain individual, I am sick of him/her posting nasty comments about one and all, never anything constructive. I use Mozilla Thunderbird, any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
Broadback

Here ya go:

YVW

Reply to
Richard

peeler ?

Reply to
Jinky ...

ta ta peeler ta ta ron speed...tee hee

Reply to
Jinky ...

Drop me a private email if you want specific instructions.

Reply to
John Rumm

+1 exterminate
Reply to
Broadback

sorry can't hear you

Reply to
Jinky ...

like you? ....

Reply to
Jinky ...

One thing to note, is you can trigger filters based on a number of header fields. But, they're treated as "custom" items. You add the header fields you want to the menu of fields, and this makes your selection options "richer".

If you don't do that, there might be only two useful things you can match on by default (Subject and From). In the following example, the poster comes in via a particular server.

Thunderbird does not have Regex or PCRE capability. Some other news clients have stuff like that. Thunderbird uses a fairly limited boolean style of filter condition.

(You can click "Download original image" at the top of the page, to get the image file without annoying adverts. They've started putting a large advert just above the intended image.)

Paul

Reply to
Paul

AdBlock+ or Ghostery get rid of the banner.

Reply to
Dave W

What banner? - Opera.

Reply to
Richard

Opera has its own adblocker. When I turned it off the banner appeared.

Reply to
Dave W

Yeah, I know. I don't turn it off unless a particular site which I may want to view demands it turned off.

Reply to
Richard