kichen unit rebuild

Through the genuis of lack of forward planning (laying new flooring in kitchen) I now have a stainless sink/drainer top held in place by two pieces of timber, two flexible hoses for H & W and the waste U bend pipery.

I thought to just build a new unit beneath this top using 1" ply (or something?). Alternatively is there perhaps a "kit" available from somewhere I could use/customise.

Tia

Reply to
Dave

Why can't you just buy a new ready-made unit/flatpack? (I suspect there's more to the story?!)

David

Reply to
Lobster

B&Q sell doors and carcasses separately.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

...and Homebase sell white melamine in various size sheets in case you're going to have to build a custom size.

I've got lots of spare bits from the cupboard under the sink, which now consists of little more then two sides and a bottom with some legs....

Charlie

What you mean like I'm trying to start a new escape tunnel only don't want to tell the others in case they steal my idea :-)

Actually I had to get some flooring down quickly as it was being joined to some new carpeting - no time to worry about an old kitchen unit - so I gave it the hammer treatment. Now I'm standing there thinking mmm...

Reply to
Dave

Im a bit unclear what youre asking: just look at an existing unit to see how theyre made. The only thing most folks lack is a hole saw for the recessed hinges. Melamine covered chipboard is the usual sheet junk theyre made from.

NT

Reply to
bigcat