Keeping an IP56 socket waterproof...

Have bought an IP56 socket - this one:

socket case has precut holes on the sides, but nothing at the back.I want to cut a hole myself, and run T&E out the back through the wall, so that the only thing visible externally is the socket itself. I'll seal the hole with one of these:

I'll seal the hole in the wall with R391.

Anything wrong with that?

Ben

Reply to
Ben Blaukopf

Nothing wrong but, if the wall is thick enough, this is better:-

dcbwhaley

In article , Ben Blaukopf writes

Sounds good to me but I'd back it up with an inverted U of silicone applied to the socket box before fitting to the wall to stop water reaching there in the first place (it can be done subtly so as to not be visible when the box goes on). I'd also put a small (2mm?) drainage hole in the bottom of the socket box just in case. If they don't have the cable entry in stock I'd be happy to drill a smaller hole & seal the lot, through the wall, with silicone.

Reply to
fred