Just purchases property, Neighbours Extracsion forbidding to add extention to my property.

I wouldn't. Happens all the time. Comes to light when people try to sell the property.

Reply to
bert

e it is concerning me that the ventilation extraction is coming out on my s ide of the property forbidding us to carry out any work to our property.

o my kitchen (wall to wall as this property is a terraced house) which will be a little less than the length of my neighbours extension of 3.9 metres and our only being 2 metres, but the main issue is the chimney hood extract ion has be placed on the wall joining our properties, therefore forbidding us to carry out any work at this stage.

of the vent proceeding into our joint wall. I've had to stop the work curr ently being done at my property and costing me money with my builders.

useful information.

Who said you had to stop and what legal force does the statement have?

If he is just worried for the work he has done and doesn't want to rerout h is kitchen apparatus that is his problem and he can't force you to do or st op doing anything that you are legally entitled to do with, at, in or on yo ur property.

He can ask the council to stop you but you can ignore them and make them ta ke you to court.

Usually they will steer clear of neighbours squabbling or even see reason o n your side of the affair. But you would be silly to let them affect your d ecision as if they were the final court of appeal.

First of all have you got the right to do as you wish? Have you followed all protocols and etcetera? Or are you just taking advice from someone who doesn't want you to do somet hing he isn't happy with?

Be very careful with the opinions you get on here. A lot of them are even l ess sensible than mine. Watch out for morons like Harry and quotists like M artin Brown. They may do a lot of careful research on your behalf that is a lmost tangential to your OP in places but you are unlikely to profit from a ny of it.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer