Joining a pond liner

Not sure if this is the right group, if not I'm sure that you will point me in the right direction!

We have just moved our pond, in fact we dug out the new pond, lined it then dug a short channel between old and new to transfer as much water as possible. Plants were moved my hand, frogs etc. were also moved by had, the dregs were moved by bucket.

It has now been three days since the move, the water has cleared again and the wildlife appear settled. (It is now more of a wildlife pond than the "formal" type pond we had before. We now have a gentle slope to help the frogs get in and out and a shallow area that the tadpoles love basking in!

However, since completing the move, we (ok, my wife!) has now decided that what we though would be slabs, would be nicer as pond with a bridge over it. Unfortunately before deciding that we had cut the liner to size!

We have more liner, but is there any successful way to join it (successful = no leaks), bearing in mind that it will be permanently under water and any sealing compound I may use has to be tadpole/frog/newt etc. friendly!

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
Peter Sheppard

Our pond liner is butyl rubber and I've repaired small holes with a bicycle puncture repair kit, so you might find "rubber solvent" works. It won't work on the cheaper non-butyl liners though.

-- LSR

Reply to
Elessar

In message , Peter Sheppard writes