Jammed combi care catridge

I live in a hard water area and so have to install a combo care scale inhibitor once a year. I am a month late but have finally got round to it. I went to unscrew the top of the inhibitor with a variety of good screwdrivers. They fit in but the screw won't budge. I think the phosphates have overflow and jammed it tight. Any ideas for how to unclog it so I can actually unscrew it to change it?

Reply to
Sarah

Well don't bugger up the head of the screw with the wrong tool for a start. If the head is proud try clamping some moles on it and gently ease it in the correct direction and back a few times. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)

Try hitting the handle of the screwdriver with a lump hammer. This may shock the bond enough so that you can turn the screw.

Failing that apply some light oil and leave for 24/48 hours.

Reply to
alan_m