Is this toolbox any good? Any comments?

I'm looking for a biggish, fairly mobile, toolbox and this caught my eye:-

anyone here have one like this or similar? Any comments?

I already have a 'trolley toolbox' with wheels a bit like this but my current one has trays so you have to take the top ones out to get at tools at the bottom. The one above seems as if it overcomes this problem to some extent.

Reply to
tinnews

I have the Stanley Rolling Workshop

- the galvanised steel one. I've seen a lot of plastic ones and they all appeared flimsey & had dodgy telescopic handles.

I don't need mine now I have the van, if you are interested.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

My current one (plastic) is strong enough, just not quite as practical as I would like. Did you find that yours worked well for you?

I think it might cost rather a lot to get your Rolling Workshop to me in Essex, but thanks for the offer.

Reply to
tinnews

Where in Essex?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I suppose if it's downstream of a certain point, you could drop it in the river and let it float there ;-)

Reply to
Andy Hall

We are a China factory that specializes in manufacturing a varieties of decorative lighting, such as LED ROPE LIGHT,LED STRING LIGHT,LED TWINKLE LIGHT,LED icicle light,LED NET LIGHT,CURTAIN LIGHT,LED bulbs,LED Motif,and so on Just take a look to our website:

led lighting

Oh of course - the perfect solution.

A long string of LED lighting attached to the toolbox, floated down the Medway, out into the Thames until it reaches the Essex bank. With power applied, shipping could be warned as well.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Except that I live in Suffolk - why on earth did I say Essex?

Reply to
tinnews

Er, in Suffolk actually, near Ipswich. I used to live in Essex (Colchester) but that was 9 years ago, what made me put Essex I have no idea!

Reply to
tinnews

Freudian slip?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Chris Green wrote

When they get even a little bit worn (or dirty or damp or when the moon's in the last quarter or something) those top 2 trays become b*ggers to slide in and out. They particularly don't like to close that last cm -- which is the bit which latches them shut.

Which means that, when you unclip and take off the toolbox part, the trays will slide open on the own -- naturally, as smooth as silk! -- and dump the contents (usually carefully sorted drills, screws, Rawlplugs, washers, etc) onto the garage floor.

Happened to me twice.

Reply to
Brian L Johnson