Is this deemed "accessible"

I have two gas ovens/grills to fit. a GasSafe man is doing the gas work.

I am sorting out the electrics.

According to installation instructions, the gas grill/ovens come with a

13A plug on a flying cable for powering the clock and the gas ignition system.

It also says that the socket that the plug is plugged into must be accessible for the purposes of checking the 13A fuse.

Now my question is it ok to put a socket directly behind the gas oven/grill as for the purposes of access, one would just pull out the gas grill/oven or must the socket be in an adjacent cabinet to said gas oven/grill?

The same applies to the gas hob which again has a mains lead for the ignition system, I could pull out the gas oven/grill thats directly underneath the hob to access its mains lead......

Reply to
Stephen

For that application, I would say behind the unit is adequately accessible. Its unlikely you will need to get to the plug mid meal or any other time it would be particularly onerous to pull the appliance out.

Having said that, if you are surface mounting the socket, then putting it in an adjacent cupboard will save any problems with it hitting the back of the oven.

Reply to
John Rumm

Whilst I agree it would be accessible, assuming that there will be a suitable nearby cupboard I don't see the point. It'll turn a job of minutes into a bit of faff.

Reply to
chris French

And the void behind the oven might get rather warm. Possibly to the detrimant of any electrical accesories. The supplied flex is no doubt "heat resistant".

The instructions sort of imply that the makers don't expect the plug to be behind the units, so that might not be "heat resistant".

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

*preferably* in an adjacent cabinet. Unless your hob and oven are on bayonet hoses, moving them would entail disconnecting gas carrying parts.

It's also easier to gently pull the flex in an adjacent cabinet as the oven is pushed back in, preventing the flex being trapped or chafed.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog