Is extracover worth paying for.

When I bought my first Digital camera (=A3250 for 1MP!) from Comet (I think) the deal on extended warranty for =A375 was that I got it reimbursed if I didn't claim. By the time the camera died, it was possible to buy an identical replacement on eBay for well under =A375, or a better new one for not much more. So that's what I did, and reclaimed my =A375 at the end of the term. Comet never sent me a reminder (I set my computer to tell me), so I guess they rely on most people forgetting. Does anyone still offer a reimbursement deal?

Chris

Reply to
chrisj.doran

Richer sounds

Reply to
geoff

Or fix it yourself (this being a DIY group).

With a domestic appliance I'd just buy the best brand you can afford and forget the extended warranty. UK consumer law gives you quite a few rights if things go wrong. Always pay with a credit card too.

Reply to
Mark

Rarely. It's usually where they make their money.

If breakdown worries you consider putting the equivalent of the premium into a high interest account (admittedly, something of a rarity nowadays!) and then enjoy spending it and the interest when the time comes to replace the fridge freezer through 'natural causes' rather than because it's broken.