Ironic Mess.

Have been searching high and low for a tin of cascamite glue powder. Space under stairs very cluttered with childs trike, scooter, packs of hardwood flooring, rolled up rug, etc. Plus plastic bottle of PVA. PVA took a tumble and cap came off. Probably more than a pint of it spilt.

I invented some brand new expletive combinations.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur2

You mean like, "'eckythump!"

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I knew you would come to a sticky end one day :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

As one who as an apprentice was familiar with the regular means of verbal communication in the maintenance fitters, capstain lathe, and milling sections. I am utterly certain that if I were to repeat any of my new expletive combinations in the presence of all of these fellows, they would as one, acquire runny noses and fall down to the floor and soil themselves.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur2

Did you suggest your mother was having carnal knowledge of an unnatural nature with the Pope?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

You are warm but my dear old mum was not referred to and nor was the Pope. The two characters that were mentioned were a nun and Popeye.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur2

That's a new one on me.

What sort of nun was it - Julie Andrews, Dawn French, or Robbie Coltrane?

And had Popeye eaten his spinach?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

It was mother teresa and Popeye doesn't just eat spinach...have I said too much?

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur 51

Did you find the cascamite?

Reply to
Man at B&Q

doesn't it peel up when set thick?

Reply to
mogga

Yup.

Reply to
Arthur 51

Glad to hear it.

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Tip: If you leave the front door open, the men in white coats won't damage your locks...

Reply to
Adrian C

But it's now glued to the floor with PVA! ;)

Reply to
Steve Walker

LOL!

I love this story - trouble is, it's too close to home :-(

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher