Internal Doors

My internal 4 panel pine doors are 25mm thick and are not in the best of condition. I was thinking of getting them repaired, but was also looking for new ones. Looking around the web, all I could find were doors 35mm thick and some didn't even state the thickness. So is 35mm the standard now? Does anyone know if 25mm door are still available or of any companies that repair doors. Otherwise it may mean using 35mm doors and cutting the door frames to take the extra thickness. Not something I'm keen to do as the are 6 doors and I'll also have to cut every door to fit as they are all slightly different sizes.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Most doors seem to be 35mm these days.

It shouldn't mean cutting the frames surely? Just moving the jambs over. Most are simply nailed in place. Moving them will mean making good the paintwork though.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

What if they're rebated in the frame? :-)

Reply to
George

I just had to have a look at 25mm and thats awfully thin for an interior door thickness,are you sure you measured right? even Victorian doors were thicker than that.

Reply to
George

That's what I meant, didn't know they had a name. So if they can be removed, I shouldn't have a problem.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Rare with internal doors IME.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Yep, checked them again, in fact they are nearer 24mm!

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Depending on where. In my Victorian house some of the doors are 1" - the ones on non public rooms. No cornice either. Talk about saving pennies. Those same doors have mouldings round the panels on the hall side but not on the room one.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Are they? I've not seen that before - but then I've never looked at /that/ many. It'd be unusual, most people hang the door then fit the slamming strip to fit - that way it fits!

Reply to
Skipweasel