Internal cistern overflow to drain

After how long?

Still cheap to replace.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

About 20 years.

Oh yes, no problem there.

Also had an inlet valve that was so fast I had to have 4li of full bottles in the cistern to keep the flushed amount down to 8 - 9li! It was surprising that the siphon didn't run continuously. With some judiscious lubrication, the flush could be operated easily with the tip of the little finger.

I changed to a dual flush, push-button cistern and cut about 100li/week from consumption.

Reply to
PeterC

That sounds like a dual flush version rather than single flush. But yes far more complicated and less reliable.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

You've reminded me of the one I saw the other day. High mounted cistern, set so the overflow comes out of the front of the tank and drops straight into the pan from a great height.

Or presumably onto the head of any user...

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ