intemescent strip door gap

I'm having problems with this fire-door :(

So... I need to fit an intumescent strip around the edge of a door I am upgrading to a half-hour fire door. I notice that the gap at the top (between the door and the frame) is larger than the gap at the sides. Does anyone know what the maximum gap that is allowed around the door to achieve a good fire seal using intumescent strip? Is 10mm tooo much?

Colin

Reply to
Colin

This is things on the materials:

it might be better to read the label and instructions on the packet that the strip is supplied in. Any other technical references on these things depend on a lot of information about surroundings and things.

Reply to
BigWallop

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 19:01:45 -0000, a particular chimpanzee named "Colin" randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

Much too much. 4mm is generally allowed, with 5mm at a pinch. If the gap is at the top, why not raise the door by 5-6mm? A gap at the bottom is acceptable (and, IIRC, desirable to allow air in to prevent the conditions for a flashover occurring).

Reply to
Hugo Nebula