Gap underneath Roll up Door

I'm trying to come up with a solution to close a gap underneath a metal roll up door. The door has a rubber seal at the bottom but the concrete finishers did not do a good job at forming a straight slope at the entrance. The middle of this area in the floor is kinda low in the middle creating about a 1 inch gap throughout about 60 percent the length of the door. The ends of the door towards the guides are fine.

I was thinking about slicing in half some pipe insulation foam and glueing to the rubber seal to close the gap...

Anyone have any better ideas ??

Thanks,

Reply to
Ray

I don't know what others may suggest, but I would scribe a 1x4 or a 2x4 and cut it to match the floor. Mount that on the door and then add the seal to that. Rebalance the door after you are done.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Try this:

for me.

Reply to
Grandpa Koca

If your bottom seal can be replaced for a larger type which can seal on your floor. You can also replace the seal retainer for the type that wraps around the bottom of the door, mounted at an angle it can thoroughly seal the gap. Rich

RICARDO AQUINO

On 03/30/05 10:20 pm Grandpa Koca tossed the following ingredients into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

Is that thing soft enough to "give" and seal against the bottom of the door even when the two surfaces are not straight and parallel?

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

It may have for you, but the OP said he had a 1" gap over part of the span and the thing you pointed him to is only a half inch high. It couldn't work even if it could squish down to almost nothing.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Thanks to all for your suggestions. Ray