installing hard floors well: professionals required?

hi everyone,

I tried to post this earlier, but it seems to have disappeared, so I will try again. Of course, given Murphy's law, it will now probably appear twice. Apologies, if this does occur.

We are at the stage where we are ready to lay new flooring in our house. We have decided on Junckers Oak Wideboard Classic (beautiful but definitely ouchy on the price side, so if someone else has ideas for an alternative supplier, then we are happy to hear of them).

Anyway, given the quality and price of the flooring, we want it to look as good as possible. So we are wondering whether we can install it successfully to our liking ourselves or whether we should hire a professional to do so.

We have done a lot of work ourselves including rewiring the property, plumbing,..., (basically most things other than plastering -- too much of an art for us). However, we sometimes worry about our ability to do finishing work well.

Thoughts and experiences from others will be gratefully appreciated.

Yes this did appear twice - I have responded on the original thread.

Reply to
Bob Mannix