Philips calls for a simple switch to reduce energy consumption

By partnering with The Alliance for Climate Protection and the global Live Earth concerts on July 7th 2007, Philips aims to inspire more than two billion people to take simple steps, such as changing a light bulb, to lead a more energy efficient life. I saw the details at

georgemathew12

Energy saving is a great idea but Gore and friends are hypocrites who live a piggy lifestyle and then invent stuff like "carbon credits" to justify their behavior.

George

The TODAY show had a segment about saving energy and using energy (carbon imprint" surveys. Lester Holt had an audit of his office. It all seemed to make sense, but when Lester asked the guy how you could improve, the guy said "you can donate money to buy carbon offsets". He lost all credibility when he said that.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Carbon cedits or not .......................

We humans are using the resources of the planet without recycling them. And there are way too many of us (humans that is!).

Maybe we will over-breed/over-produce ourselves out of existence?

Whether it is to build/buy our third fourth or fifth mega-mansion, fly across the world in a jetplane, or just to varnish something ourselves on a personal work bench, we are using materials that came from nature.

Nature is finite:

Everything will rot and 'return to nature' eventually.

Perhaps millions of years hence our 'scraps' willl recycle and reappear as something some living creature could again use?

And maybe a few tens of thousands of years from now some post humans will be digging up our landfills and atomic waste dumps and saying, in whatever language or speak then in vogue, "Lord what fools these mortals were!". With apologies to Shakespeare, Puck, in Midsummer Night's dream, IIRC?

Reply to
terry