Indesit washing machine keeps clicking round

Hello

Can anyone help me - my Indesit W105 washing machine justs clicks its way right round the programme clock without doing anything else, except making moaning noises.

Before I pay a big call-out fee, does this symptom ring bells with anyone? Do I need to replace the programmer itself? Is there anything I can do to confirm what is causing the problem?

Any advice/pointers much appreciated!

Reply to
fla

Ours is similar I think (W161 ?) Had the same problem. Turn the control (with *no* mains supply) to one of the three red dots. Reapply the power, and switch on the power switch on the machine's front panel. The LED will flash and blink, and this seems to return the electronics to a default condition.

BTW the machine is crap. Had it two years and in that time:-

The drum fill rubber tube that feeds the pressure sensor was ruptured because the drum 'bangs' against it. (I fixed that by using a new tube fitted inside an old length of hosepipe as protection.)

The drive belt flew off of the motor.

Two of the three plastic drum paddles have sheared off, and been replaced. I've got a third new one waiting, it's only a matter of time.

I'll never buy another Indesit machine again.

Reply to
Mark Carver

Thanks for your suggestion Mark. I've now tried this and although the LED blinked enthusiastically for a while, it soon reverted to just clicking round and moaning.

You've inspired us to investigate further, though, and I've now got my son delving inside to see whether anything is blocked anywhere.

Although to date we haven't had such bad luck with the machine as you obviously have (this is the first breakdown, a month after the 2 year guarantee ran out) it does seem to be a less than ideal product!

Thanks again

Frances

Reply to
fla

Hi Frances,

I have exactly the same problem with my W161.

What was the outcome?

Spence

-- spencer

Reply to