Incorrect Wiring - What danger

Its capable of far more, clueless one. Why dont you explain to us your superior knowledge, and show us how you calculate what will happen with

7kW on a 1,5mm ring?

'snip babble' is about all you can manage.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

Yes, I can just see you glowing brightly as you touch your bodged wiring.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I guess there is a practical minimum. Wiring it all in 2A fusewire would cause it to go o/c from normal corrosion after a while. Of course you'd need to use cfls, but it would work. Perhaps it should be enamelled?

No, Im not recommending it, imm.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

So you also advise people on a DIY forum to have a 1.5mm ring main too. I despair. Where do they come from?????

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

You still haven't a clue. A 1.5mm ring mains doing the whole upstairs of house. OK by you and all the other loonies here. If the heating packed in when it is -5C outside and everyone in the 5 bedrooms had 3kW heater plugged in??? and one was plugged into the upper hall as well, and the teenage girl switches on her 2kW hair drier, and a few TVs and other electrical appliances are plugged in too. Don't you have any common sense?

What is disturbing is that you really think you are right. I hope no one taking blind bit of notice of you.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Please give advanced warning of any intended funnies.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 18:01:43 -0000, "Doctor Evil" strung together this:

And? If the circuit is designed to use 1.5mm cable, i.e. with the correct derating factors applied and the CPD sized up correctly, then there won't be a problem, the CPD will blow\trip. You could say exactly the same thing about a ring circuit wired in

2.5mm with a 32A CPD, if you plugged in 47 3kw heaters what would happen? Exactly the same thing I think you'll find.

Pot, kettle. You are a complete fucktard.

Reply to
Lurch

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 17:54:40 -0000, "Doctor Evil" strung together this:

Who advised that anyone have a 1.5mm ring circuit? This thread just says that it is possible, but not recommended for various reasons.

Reply to
Lurch

Yes-indeedy. There's a lot more detailed engineering calculation *and* pragmatic understanding of typical usage patterns which has gone into the 'normal'/'standard'/'conventional' Final Circuits than is casually apparent. The whole thread has been an interesting diversion into 'under what *theoretical* circumstances could a NON-COMPLIANT use of PVC T&E smaller than 2.5mmsq nevertheless not be dangerous'. And indeed there are such circumstances where a section of 1.5mmsq would be non-dangerous: BUT those circumstances rely critically on where the cable runs. The famous 'clipped direct' Reference Method has to apply - any sniff of the several Factors reducing the cable's abality to lose heat and the 1.5mmsq is likely to rise above the 70-degrees-C used in the Tables (and which itself is quite a high running temperature, which careful design prefers not to reach on a regular basis).

Anyone *actually* installing segments of a 32A-protected ring using

1.5mmsq (or, gawd help us, 1.0mmsq) is in clear violation both of the general requirements of the Regs on cable sizing, and - as Andy W's made clear with the direct quote from 433-02-04 - the specific Regs on such rings.

And, until You-Know-Who piped up, the thread served to illuminate the thinking behind the Conventional Final Circuits. Then the inevitable heat:light and signal:noise degradation crept in. Folks - a bit of self-discipline in responses to YKW would really help; an average of

0.1, and a strict maximum of 1, response per-thread per-person, would be a Real Win. Still, it's an unmoderated group (and should stay so!), so we'll just have to live with the predictable consequences of our actions...

Stefek

Reply to
Stefek Zaba

This is about T&E.

A senario of having a 3kW heater in every room is very real, 47 is not.

Your ISP will get to know if you persist in insults. Your choice.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Quite a few.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Yes - but also a strict and absolute and particular requirement in the Regs that 30A/32A-protected rings must be wired in 2.5mmsq when using 'normal' PVC T&E...

Reply to
Stefek Zaba

Some sense here.

I assume you mean me, Speaking sense of course until loonies trolls entered asserting that 1.5mm is fine and OK on a ring.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

They won't believe you, it is not worth it; I tried and failed.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

I wish I had copies still of his first appearance as Adam when he couldn't differentiate between flow and volume. Does anyone still have them on their machines?

Reply to
John

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 18:43:14 -0000, "Doctor Evil" strung together this:

And? Do you not apply derating factors to T&E? I think this statement alone proves you a completely clueless f****it.

And nether is a 1.5mm ring circuit.

It was a statement of fact.

Reply to
Lurch

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 18:53:19 -0000, "Doctor Evil" strung together this:

It is. Everyone seems to keep referring to a ring final circuit as being populated with 13A socket outlets, this doesn't have to be the case. A ring circuit could be used to provide power for a lighting circuit, or some other low-current usage applications.

Reply to
Lurch

What IS disturbing is the fact that you are arguing about something that you are obviously totally clueless about, I know kids with more understanding of electrics than you have.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

IMM, keep digging, one day you'll reach the land of OZ !...

You really are a total moron.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

No one has, it's been a debate about the theory behind the reg's, nothing more and nothing less.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::