Taps and water pressure

Looking to buy a mono tap for my new kitchen, and noticed that the taps are rated according to operating pressure (bar). In particular I was looking at this one

tap will be fed from the mains (cold) and a combi boiler (yet to be bought - hot). I haven't chosen the combi yet, but it will be a "standard" one to be used for DHW (one bathroom, one kitchen) and the heating of a small one-bed flat (4 radiators + 1 towel rail).

What tap rating should I look for?

Cheers.

Reply to
NotMe

Any rating would be appropriate.

If you had a gravity fed hot water system, you would need a traditional tap that can cope with low pressure and couldn't use a mains only model like the one suggested.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Just to make sure I understand your answer - were you saying that as long as I use a combi, the pressure will be sufficient for any tap? What if I use hot only with the tap in question, whilst at the same time hot is being used in the sink AND the bath in the bathroom? Would the hot water pressure into the tap still be sufficient?

Reply to
NotMe

The pressure is very likely to be sufficient. However, the combi is unlikely to produce enough hot water, so the temperature may drop, unless the combi has an automatic valve to restrict flow.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

I'd not agree entirely there. The combi will be a restriction on the available flow to the hot taps and the more outlets are open the less water each will get to the extent that some taps may rob others entirely. Even high flow rate combis will suffer this but for that matter so could some storage systems

Reply to
John