Low Water Pressure

I recently had a kitchen extension built but I'm having problems with the hot and cold water pressure. These were both ok before the extension.

There are, I believe, 2 possible reasons for this:

1) The mixer tap: I can't now remember the specification for the tap but it does have two very small flexible hoses that I'm concerned are affecting the flow.

2) The sink only moved about 2 meters but the plumber used flexible hose instead of copper embedded in the concrete kitchen floor. I'm concerned that these hoses may have become partly crushed.

Which do you think is the most likely cause?

Reply to
Bob141uk

Not fully opening the isolation valves after the plumbing work was done.

Reply to
Rob Morley

I've checked the valves and all is ok.

It could be poor quality valves? It would have to be two though.

Thanks.

Reply to
Bob141uk

Is it actually low pressure or low flow? If you stick your finger over the end of the cold tap and attempt to turn it on, does the pressure force it off?

Most likely it's the hoses. Small ones intended for 1/2" or 15mm use often have an internal bore of 8mm or so. This is not too bad on a short hose, but on 2m, the flow is going to be poor.

The remedy is to get the plumber back to do the job properly. Burying flexible hose under the floor is a bodge. It needs to be done in proper 15mm tube. Plastic is a possibility if a little flexibility is needed.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I've checked this and it looks like low flow.

I wont get the plumber back I'll do it myself to ensure it's done correctly (and save a packet).

Does anyone know what BAR rating a kitchen tap should be?

Thanks.

Reply to
Bob141uk