Imagine

The spell checker went wild..

..Therapy is on his mind ..What sort? What kind?

..Familar with mental strife ..This explains his sordid life

..Secure institutions, firmly in care ..Jackets with no sleeves, they made him wear

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Like on most of your posts?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Eff off you are a witless plantpot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Don't stop him playing with the hacksaw. It will eventually shut him up. But it needs time to do its work.

Reply to
BigWallop

..Oh Wallop, oh Wallop, oh Wallop he goes ..Walloping is all he knows

..If this man should ever roam ..Just Wallop his head and send him home

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

IME, wallop is a term for beer. As in "A pint of wallop, please."

Reply to
Rod

Do you mean he should be hit with an ale bottle?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Of course not. Wallop is never in bottles. Nor plant pots.

Reply to
Rod

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember The Natural Philosopher saying something like:

Thirty years ago petrol lumps were reckoned to be around 25% efficient in actuality, diesels better - 30% ish, afair. I assume they've come on a bit since.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember The Natural Philosopher saying something like:

I'd say later than that - the most precise engineers of that time were the cannon makers and I doubt if they could have constructed anything accurately enough to make useful power reliably. Their materials knowledge was pretty basic, too. It would have been chuff chuff, clank, oh.

Heh. The 'Elizabethan', perhaps, commonly known as 'Flying Liz' by the populace.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember The Natural Philosopher saying something like:

I have been impressed by the work done by amateurs on electric motorcycles in the past few years. In fact, so impressed I've been looking seriously at building one for nipping in and out of the nearest town - a ten mile return trip, which wouldn't tax it in the slightest. Basically, a light motorcycle + golf cart motor + NiMH battery packs and Freddy's the bloke down the street with the steel fingers.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Is that someone talking about me behind my back? Good !!! Talking behind my back means your talking to my arse. :-)

And is that a physical thread I see before my eyes. May I inform you that I have been trained to kill a man with the use of only one thumb. Mind now!!!

Reply to
BigWallop

I normal driving conditions, over a year, the snotty uni guy got it about right.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Where do you think he should be walloped?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I'm sure it is better looking than the front.

Holy sock!

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Don't think! It might harm you.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Hargreaves and the milling machine gave bore precision for guns and then bores of engines.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

But how many man only have the use of one thumb? And why is that reason to kill them? ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Jist cause a wan tae. I hate the way they hitch hike.

Ya plantpot. :-) lol

Reply to
BigWallop

That is peak efficiency. Idling in traffic they are 0% efficient, as they are when braking.

Its true to say also that diesel are the most efficient on low throttle settings, though turbo diesels retain that when run a fair bit harder. It's all down to fuel air ratio I think.

Petrol engines are less efficient at part throttle settings,since they relay on air restriction rather than fuel restriction to throttle. They are best mid RPM and mid throttle usually.

Catalytic convertors and modern exhaust systems reduce efficiency of both types. ISTR about 5%..so don't be surprised in modern eco stuff hasn;t made modern engines sless efficient. In particular catalysts somwhat preclude ultra lean burn engines. They are run richer than they could be t make teh cats work.

The OVERALL efficiency compared with an electric is not that great. Electrics are 100% efficient at 'idle' and can use regenarative braking to achieve if you like >100% under braking ;-)

Sop I think 20% of the energy in the fuel *on average* going to move the car is a fair estimate.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher