IKEA Malm Blanket box type thing

SWMBO has just bought one of these at a tip shop. It's a storage box - blanket box sort of size - made out of veneered chipboard, and has a sliding lid. The lid is on runners at the two ends, and doesn't open fully - making a maximum opening about 2/3 as wide as it would be if there were no lid.

I want to remove the lid to transport it but I can't see for the life of me how it's fixed on - all but one of the runner screws being inaccessible with the lid in place. I can't see any release catches or anything, to enable it to slide off past its end stops.

I don't think this box is available any more - probably discontinued because it's too easy to trap your fingers in the lid!

Do any of you happen to have a set of assembly instructions for this beast? If I can see how it's assembled, that should provide a clue as to how to take it apart.

Reply to
Roger Mills