IKEA Gibberish

Not even when you walk out of the entrance with the goods?
Bernie The Bolt
--
'Blue shirts good, red shirts bad' - George Orwell

Huge wrote:

Yebbut you're not called "Huge" for nothing, are you ?
There are usually a couple of short-cuts in the(*) store, and last time I was in I think these were actually signposted. I also observed opening hours are extended to midnight, so relative peace should be achievable from about 23:30 onwards. I used to aim to arrive at half 7 for 8 o'clock closing. Any earlier and my sanity was at serious risk.
(*) One basic floor-plan for all stores, someone once claimed.
--
"Honeymoon: time between "I do" and "you'd better""

Well, I've lost a few pounds lately, but I'm still 6'3".

Based on Hampton Court maze?
--
"Other people are not your property."
Huge wrote:

There you go then. Have you checked recently though ? I seem to have misplaced 1/2" since my youth. It may of course have gone sideways.

That's the one.
(I'm moving house soon. Already having nightmares about being drawn inexorably back to I*** for bits and pieces for months to come.)
--
"If you smoke after sex, you're doing it too fast."

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Just been to Ikea at Lakeside. Another improvement they've introduced is being able to take your trolley out to the car park.....Perhaps they have started to listen to some of the complaints.
The downside of their expansion at Lakeside is that you have to drive over to another unlit warehouse complex next to a crummy lorry park to pick up items that are not self service.
     snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com writes:

Same at Brent Park store in all respects (except the external warehouse a mile up the road has been there for ages).
When I have been picking up kitchen parts in the evening, I would order them in the store, and then go to the resturant for a meal. Afterwards, I would drive over to the warehouse, walk in and pick up my order almost immediately. Couldn't help noticing the same customers who were in the kitchen department earlier had been sitting in the waiting area all that time ;-)
--
Andrew Gabriel

On my way over to my brother's place last weekend, I stopped off at IKEA to pick up some things he wanted. Only when I got back to his place did I notice the catalogue I had picked up said "STORE COPY - RETURN TO CHECKOUT DESK ON THE WAY OUT". Did I pick it up from the wrong pile (it was a giant pile inside the door), or aren't you allowed to take any catalogues from the store anymore?
--
Andrew Gabriel