Loose tap

Hi Our kitchen tap (hot water) has all of a sudden gone loose - i.e you have to turn it about 4 times before it starts letting any water out! Also it now leaks drips when its totally off. We normally have fairly high water pressure as well.
They are single taps (i.e 1 hot 1 cold and the top part under the handle can be unscrewed)
Any ideas??

Sounds like the washer has 'dropped off' it's spigot to me. Take it apart and refit it (or a new washer).
HTH
John
P.S. Obviously TURN OFF the water supply to the tap first.