If Fred Dibnah did carpentry...

In the early 70s I worked at GEC, Trafford Park. On one of the main manufacturing aisles was a substantial metalworking lathe - a big beast with a bed well over 5 metres long. It was by then driven by a motor bolted onto it, but it could be clearly seen in old photos powered by the factory belt drive system.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Mine is marked "for domestic use" on the front of the manual. Singer were kind enough to send me a PDF of it.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris