Idle thoughts about close coupled toilets

Away on holiday I noticed a very fancy close coupled toilet where the seat had shifted out of line but I couldn't see any way to get access to the fixings. Porcelain everywhere.
Back home I looked at our less fancy close coupled toilets and again I couldn't see an easy way to access the seat fixings. I could almost get my hand in there but there was pipework in the way.
So do you have to remove the cistern to be able to remove or adjust the seat?
Cheers
Dave R

On 21/01/2017 15:18, David wrote:

No, with many/most/all you just have to remove the seat.
Many work with fixings that just insert down the fixing hole and are tightened from above

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbl9NRDq5a4

(Amazon.com product link shortened)
There are variations on the theme and if you want to replace the fixing you just let part of the old fixing fall into the void in the Porcelain and buy a new fixing.
I found that on my toilet the fixings provided by the manufacturer couldn't be tightened enough to prevent the seat moving over time. A different form of blind hole fixing solved the problem. With the expanding type it helps if the diameter of the unexpanded fixing is a good fit in the hole before you start.
--
mailto: news admac {dot] myzen co uk

The two (soft closing) ones I have fitted lately are fitted and adjusted from the top. One of them, the trim piece where the hinges goes into the pan comes off and there's a screw underneath, and the other has two buttons you push and the entire seat/cover assembly comes off, leaving the hinges behind and granting access to the adjusting nuts.
--
Today is Sweetmorn, the 21st day of Chaos in the YOLD 3183
I don't have an attitude problem.