ideas welcome - airwalker "fix"

SWMBO has an "airwalker" - its basically two swinging arms that you put your feet on, and they`re hinged at the top.

The current (and "as bought") config at the hinged end is there is a hollow section of tubing approx 2.5" in diameter, and each end has a plastic bush that push-fits into the tubing. The swinging arms have a

1" steel "pin" that passes through the plastic bushes, and are held in place by a large "caps" on the outside which screw into a threaded hole on the end of the pin.

The plastic bushes take all the weight and lateral forces as applied by the user, and the holes are starting to open out through friction wear. This makes it squeak like a b*tch :-}

I`ve tried several lubricants, including grease, oil, WD40 etc, as well as rotating the bushes to even the wear, but nothing helps the squeak after more than about 5-10 minutes of use.

Can anyone think of anything (preferably low cost !) I might be able to jerry-rig as a replacement for the hinge bearing ?

The only real suggestion I can think of would be ordering 1" ID bearings from somewhere like rswww but it`d cost as much as a whole new (squeaking) airwalker, and then there`s the fun of trying to figure out how to mount them securely within the tube.

Do you think a simple drilled and greased block of wood might be up to the job ?

Reply to
Colin Wilson

?? and she does this for any particular purpose?

David

Reply to
Lobster

Reply to
Owain

Cardiovascular workout / exercise

Reply to
Colin Wilson

posting a picture of it would really help.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Tried water?

Replace the 'plastic' bushes with some PTFE ones?

Indeed .. ;-(

Doubt it .. if plastic failed ..

Clean all the grease off and try A) Water or B) Some proper plastic lubricant (probably silicone based)?

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

You`ve met her too ?

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Do you have any idea how much that stuff costs?

Reply to
Rob Morley

And PTFE cold-flows like crazy.

Reply to