Ideas for 3tb external DD

So many and cannot make up my mind. Help TIA
On Monday, 9 September 2019 15:53:25 UTC+1, Broadback wrote:

I quite like the 4TB WD
https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing-accessories/data-storage/external-hard-drives/wd-elements-external-hard-drive-4-tb-black-10010868-pdt.html
I previously had the 3TB and now have 2 4TB. Amnd a 2TB for at work. There's no particualr reason I like them (other than familarity) but they do have the same plug-in PSU and in theory if one goes wrong I may be able to swap things about to get it working.
The thing I don;t like about them is the push switch which you have to hold in for a certain few second so it switches off or standsdown. I;d prefer a simple toggle or push switch.
I can also pop along the road to get it after work or during lunchtime rather than have to order it.
I have a 2tb western digital it came from Amazon. the first one did not wourk but the second one is fine. The power supply looks a bit cheap.
Brian
--
----- --

If you can settle for 2GB this is a nice drive and is powered from the USB port. I have a couple of these.
Seagate 2 TB Backup Plus Slim USB ?60 (Amazon.com product link shortened)
If you need more space then its big brother ofers 4TB but it may(??) need an external power supply which is a showstopper for me.
Seagate 4 TB Expansion USB 3.0 Portable 2.5 ?87 (Amazon.com product link shortened)

I have from www.amazon.co.uk a 3TB WD Elements Portable External Hard Drive (USB3) which cost c. £78. It's small, light, not loaded with unwanted software, seems robust, and it works well. I would buy it again.
On 09/09/2019 15:53, Broadback wrote:

Look for the Backblaze survey. ICBA to look it up.
Andy