Ideal response 100 heat exchanger

Hi My response 100 heat exchanger is leaking, losing pressure in the CH system, any idea how much and where's the best place to obtain a replacement heat exchanger or would I be better replacing the whole boiler? if replacing can anybody recommend a suitable boiler that can be fitted without modifying the existing pipework?

Regards.

Reply to
John

Can anybody offer any help/ideas.

Reply to
John

Are you sure it is the heat exchanger? If so a new boiler is the best way. Is it in a cupboard? Is there restriction around to put in a bigger cased model? What are you DHW needs? How old is the combi?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

It looks like it is the heat exchanger leaking, I removed the burner and it was soaked in water!! It is in a cupboard but there is some space for a wider unit 580mm Normal DHW needs 2 bed semi with shower. the combi is just under 7 years old.

Thanks.

Reply to
John

These boilers either last or fail early. Get a boiler like Worcester Bosch Greenstar or Glow Worm high flowrate models - 38-40kW. You will not be disappointed. Get the dimensions and make sure it can fit.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Thanks for that Doctor.

Reply to
John

If you insist on using Google Groups, learn how to make it send posts that comply with Usenet standards. How's that for an idea?

Reply to
Rob Morley