HW pump

Don't be silly.

This won't work for three reasons:

- The amount of water used is becoming very small indeed and most machines will have reached the desired water level before any hot water reaches them.

- European machines and detergents work on the basis of contact time. This is achieved in part by the machine having to heat the water.

- If hot water were added directly to a machine containing items with proteins on them (e.g. anything involving egg), then the proteins will set on the items and be much harder to remove.

The system used in the U.S. assumes hot water (lots of it) and a gritty detergent which shot blasts the best china.

Reply to
Andy Hall

On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 12:22:26 -0800 (PST) someone who may be Onetap wrote this:-

You have made the point some of us have been making well. None of your examples are about domestic installations.

Reply to
David Hansen

Think it's been shown yet again that you simply don't know what you're talking about, weed.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Please eff off you are a total plantpot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Matt, talk to Neff.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Change the record, Dribble.

Reply to
Paul Herber

Do you mean this man should not eff off and he is not a plantpot? Gosh!

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

The message from "Doctor Drivel" contains these words:

Oh? Specsavers do some rather good offers for those with deficient eyesight! :-)

Reply to
Appin

The message from "Doctor Drivel" contains these words:

Send for a straightjacket at once! This man thinks that everyone who disagrees with him or even questions his statements is a plantpot! :-)

Reply to
Appin

The message from "Doctor Drivel" contains these words:

Is there anybody left who hasn't been described as a "total plantpot?"

Reply to
Appin

I tried that, it made no difference. He still remained a plantpot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Keep going and will qualify.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

In message , Appin writes >Doctor Drivel wrote,

killfile him and you're not tempted to respond to his posts

Reply to
Si

That is right. Plantpots should be killfiled.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I did. I assumed from your earlier post that there was relevant information on it; I couldn't find any, which is why I asked for a link.

As the Italian paper (next) pointed out they'll survive 63. It didn't say *how* hot I have to get the tank to kill them all. I'll assume from the funny number that 63 doesn't, but 64 does. But I've got to get my

*whole* tank up to 64 - what's the hottest bit going to be? 70? 75? What will that do for my heating efficiency, never mind my skin?

OK, so I need one per hot tap. Or with a bit of cunning sharing (bath/basin etc.) down to 4. And I have to dismantle the bath to fit one of them :(

You're correct, I apologise. I hadn't read it through.

... and now I have it proves that one house had (not has) Legionella, and no more than that. The numbers are not enough to make any statistical predictions whatsoever.

I'm in more danger driving to work every morning than I am from Legionella in my house.

Andy.

Reply to
Andy Champ

I think that's wrong, I'd always understood 60 degC would kill them rapidly. This link suggests 60 degC will kill them in 3 - 5 minutes. The danger is that the water may be at 60 degC, but the heat loss through bad insulation and the insulating effect of scale deposits and biofilms provides a haven for some legionella to survive and re-colonize the system. It also has information on scalding, that may be of interest.

... and now I have it proves that one house had (not has) Legionella,

1 out of 5 sounds like a fair risk, but representative numbers could be 1 in 2, 1 in 500 or 1 in 500,000.

That depends on your driving and your house.

Water goes off, if you leave it in a water bottle it will smell bad in

1 or 2 days, less if it's warm. I'm a little baffled that people seem to assume that their tank or pipes are somehow different and such simple rules don't apply. I'm more baffled that they bathe and shower in foul water.

Commercial DHW storage systems often run them up to a higher temperature (70 degC or so ) for a couple of hours overnight and pump the water from top to bottom whilst they do it. Once a week would sterliise the system. The high temperature wouldn't affect you if you have TMVs on the outlets.

Reply to
Onetap

Must say I've not noticed that. And my water is straight from the ground, no treatment.

Bottled water seems to last rather a long time too...

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

I have no regard for Neff.

I chucked out appliances made by them years ago. Complete junk.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Especially with air-con. Dunno what the bugs are that develop in that but they don't half stink.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Matt, then you don't know.

Reply to